Booking Terms & Conditions
Please take the time to read these conditions (PDF version) before returning the booking form.
- The properties known as Hirondelle, Martinet and Gartempe, hereafter known as (“the property”) are offered for holiday rental subject to confirmation by Mr & Mrs K Shields (“the Owners”) to the renter (“the Client”).
- To reserve the property, the Client should complete and sign the booking form having read the booking
conditions and return it together with payment of the initial non-refundable deposit (20% of the total rent due). Please note that provisional bookings are held for 7 days. Following receipt of the booking form and deposit, the Owners will send a confirmation invoice and statement. This is a formal acceptance of the booking.
- The balance of the rent, together with the security deposit (see clause 4) is payable not less than 6 weeks before the start of the rental period. Also payable at this time is the Taxe de Sejour (tourist tax) which is payable by all occupants aged 18 and over at an amount predetermined by the government. If payment is not received by the due date, the Owners reserve the right to give notice in writing that the reservation is cancelled. The Client will remain liable to pay the balance of the rental, unless the Owners are able to re-let the properties. In this event, clause 5 of these booking conditions will apply. Reservations made within two weeks of the start of the rental period require full payment at the time of booking.
- A Security deposit of £200 for every rental is required in case of, for example, damage to the property or its contents. However, the sum reserved by this clause shall not limit the Client’s liability to the Owners.
The Owners will account to the Client for the security deposits and refund the balance due within two
weeks after the end of the rental period providing the property is left in a satisfactory condition.
- Subject to clauses 2 and 3 above, in the event of a cancellation, refunds of the amounts paid will be made if the Owners are able to re-let the property, and any expenses or losses incurred in doing so will be deducted from the refundable amount.
- The Client is strongly advised to arrange a comprehensive travel insurance policy with a cancellation clause, which may enable you to recover non-refundable monies and also to have full cover for the party’s personal belongings, public liability and health etc. since these are not covered by the owner’s insurance. All visitors are advised to check the current Covid-19 restrictions at time of travel.
- The rental period shall commence at 5.00 pm on the first day and finish at 10.00 am on the last day. The owner shall not be obliged to offer the accommodations before the time stated and the Client shall not be entitled to remain in occupation after the time stated. Arrivals must be between 5.00 pm and 9.00 pm unless by special arrangement with the Owners.
- The maximum amount of people to reside in each of the Hirondelle and Martinet properties should not exceed six, or eight by arrangement. In the Gartempe property it should not exceed eight, or ten by arrangement. In all cases all persons who are to stay in the properties must be named on the booking form at the time of booking, and no other persons may stay in the property or use its facilities without the WRITTEN permission of the Owners. In the event, that an extra person, not on the booking form, should arrive, then the Owners reserve the right to refuse admission, or make an additional charge.
- No visitors will be allowed on site without the owners permission.
- Depending on the Covid-19 regulations at the time of your stay, some facilities may not be available.
- The Client agrees to be a considerate tenant and to take good care of the property and leave it in a clean and tidy condition at the end of the rental period. We do not charge a cleaning fee as we ask you to leave the property as you find it. The Owners reserve the right to make a retention from the security deposit to cover cleaning costs if the Client leaves the property in an unacceptable condition. The Client also agrees not to act in any way that may cause disturbance to those resident in neighbouring properties. The party leader is responsible for the correct and decent behaviour of the party. Should any member of the party not behave in such a manner, including health and safety or hygiene matters potentially affecting the property or subsequent guests, we may use our absolute discretion to terminate the holiday of the person(s) concerned. In this situation, the person(s) concerned will be required to leave the property immediately. No refunds will be made and the owners will not pay any expenses or costs incurred as a result of the termination.
- There is a NO SMOKING policy in the properties and around the swimming pool. If you do smoke in other areas please ensure that your cigarettes are fully extinguished and disposed of responsibly.
- The Client and party acquire no rights whatsoever over the property accepting occupation as a holiday let for the period booked. The Client shall not sub-let the property.
- The Client shall report to the Owners without delay any defects in the property or breakdown in the equipment, plant, machinery or appliances in the property, gardens or swimming pool and arrangements for repair and/or replacement will be made as soon as possible.
- The Owners shall not be liable to the Client:
● For any temporary defect or stoppage in the supply of public services to the property, nor in respect of any equipment, plant, machinery or appliance in the property, garden or swimming pool.
● For any loss, damage or injury which is the result of adverse weather conditions, riot, war, strikes or
any other matters beyond the control of the owners.
● For any loss, damage or inconvenience caused or suffered by the client if the property shall be
destroyed or substantially damaged before the start of the rental period and in any such event, the
owners shall, within seven days of notification to the Client, refund to the Client all sums previously paid in respect of the rental period.
- The use of the accommodation and the amenities where offered, such as the swimming pool, children’s
play equipment etc. is entirely at the users risk and no responsibility can be accepted for injury to the user or visitor and loss or damage to the users or visitors belongings.
- No responsibility can be accepted for any loss or damage to any motor vehicles or its contents.
- Under no circumstances shall the owners liability to the Client exceed the amount paid to the Owners for the rental period.
- The bringing of pets onto the property is forbidden except with the written permission of the owners. Pets are not allowed in the pool area and must be kept on a lead in the communal areas and pet owners must clear up after their pets.
- No camping, fireworks or bonfires are permitted on the premises.
- Whilst every effort has been made to ensure that the details provided are accurate, the representations
and details shall not give rise to any liability on the part of the Owner. Every effort will be made to notify
any changes in the details prior to the commencement of the holiday.
This contract shall be governed by French Law in every particular including the formation and interpretation and shall be deemed to have been compiled in France. Any proceedings arising out of or in connection with this contract may be brought in any court of competent jurisdiction in Limoges.
"Fun day out at Futuroscope. Fascinating day out to Oradur-sur-Glane. Picturesque day out at Brontome. Thanks for a great fortnight."- The Naughton's, London
"Fantastic place, beautiful scenery, lovely people. Kevin &Karen welcomed us with open arms and made our stay here one to remember. Also recommend La vallée des singes."- Paul & Lisa, Bishops Stortford